Ft. Lauderdale, Fl |
Marlins Team leverages digital workspace solutions to deliver world-class entertainment experience.
While baseball was hibernating, the Miami Marlins were busy rethinking nearly every aspect of their operations. When they take to the field for their Home Opener March 28, they will deliver a world-class entertainment experience. And they’ll use solutions from their South Florida-based innovation partner, Citrix Systems, Inc. , to do it.
The Marlins have extended their working relationship with Citrix in 2019 and continue to use the company’s digital workspace solutions as an integral part of their technology strategy. “We’ve minimized our infrastructure costs and extended the lifespan of our hardware in ways traditional desktops couldn’t,” Adam Jones, SVP of Strategy and Development who also oversees IT, said. Specifically, the organization has been able to:
- Streamline desktop delivery and efficiently leverage its virtual server infrastructure through tailor-fit desktop catalogs
- Expand virtual infrastructure and enhance desktop performance without any new front-end hardware or refreshes
- Provide robust file-sharing capabilities and keep cloud-based storage costs down
And to continue to innovate, the Marlins are transitioning to the Citrix Cloud platform, which according to Jones, will enable the organization to:
- Centrally manage and deploy desktops to more locations
- Apply file-sharing and MDM policies with more transparency
- Minimize the administration of a complex network infrastructure
- Maintain a high availability environment
And perhaps most important, “We’ll be able to present a single pane of glass within the Citrix experience that will result in a cleaner, more intuitive environment and a higher level of productivity,” Jones said.
The Marlins join more than 400,000 organizations – including 99 percent of the Fortune 100 and 98 percent of the Fortune 500 – who are using Citrix to power a better way to work and gain market advantage.
Click here to read the full article.
”We are continually looking for ways to drive efficiency and productivity,” said Marlins President of Business Operations Chip Bowers. “We challenge ourselves to be innovative and are pleased to have a partner like Citrix who shares our mindset and can provide us with the technology and support we need to take things to the next level.”
-Marlins President of Business Operations, Chip Bowers