Working more hours and taking advantage of new tools and technologies (like the smartphone) isn’t making us more productive. Since 2011 productivity has slowed down. WorkMarket is calling it a productivity crisis and I agree.
As a leader in providing technology solutions, I am most disappointed in our IT leaders. Instead of taking the bull by the horns, they have become the bottleneck.
Top three highest ranked distractions in the work place today:
- IT issues
- Data Processing
- Time Entry
Solutions to these distractions are within reach, if CIOs aren’t focusing on the wrong things!
EXECUTIVES PLACING DEMAND ON THE CHRO TO DELIVER A GREAT AND PRODUCTIVE USER EXPERIENCE IS NOW MORE THAN JUST A TREND.
CIOs that are focused on the right things are asking themselves these 5 questions:
- Am I focused on transformation with my decision or purchase?
- Am I focused on building hierarchical silos or am I building a network of cross functional teams for agility, speed, and accountability?
- Is the organization spending more money on digital technology outside the control of IT? And why?
- Do I have the skills and vision to unite business operations and technology?
- Have I empowered and challenge my team to collaborate across functional teams to see how we can use automation technology to eliminate mundane tasks and busy work?